Tuesday, November 23, 2010

MY TRIP TO MIAMI & SOUTH BEACH STUDIOS


 Last weekend my videographer/designer Xavier Ruffin and I took a trip to Miami Beach to finish up the "Searching" music video and wrap up the last songs on my upcoming project 'Mo Profit Mo Progress 2.' I am glad to have the talented engineer/producer Hart Gunther executive producing this project. If youve never heard of him just check out any Pharrell or Clipse album booklet. Hes worked with all the greats so I am privileged to have him support my music and journey.

The whole south beach atmosphere inspires me so much. The great weather, the mixture of cultures, and the deco style buildings really put me in a mode that isnt reachable back home. The music I recorded out there was ironic. I was inspired to speak on the conditions of where I live rather than gloat about the fancy beaches and beautiful women. We also were able to have a very enlightening conversation with South Beach Studio's owner Joe Galdano. Joe has been a producer for legends, an a&r, and is originally from Cuba. His words of advice were priceless. I have footage of it that will be included in the DVD package that comes with the MPMP2 album.

Check out the Lil Wayne video he shot on the rooftop of South Beach Studios. The caliber of artists that frequent the studio is a testament that I am on the right path.

Lil Wayne "Da Da Da" Music Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZHpLyas01A




No comments:

Post a Comment