Wednesday, November 10, 2010

How PROPH linked w PHARRELL...

A lot of people ask me just how i actually got in contact with Pharrell so I decided to post a quick summary of the events that took place. Here it goes:

I was at my job working away when a friend of mine sent me a text. She informed me that Pharrell and Chester French would be performing that night and that she was going to attempt to get his autograph at the hotel where they stayed. I had just released my album 'Mo Profit Mo Progress' which was getting the attention of a lot of ears in my city so I took off work early to meet my friend downtown. My swag was all the way down because i didn't have a fresh cut and I still had my work clothes on. I was looking like Dave Chappelle from Half Baked!


But anyway, I met my friend and we waited in the lobby for about an hour. Soon after, we spotted Pharrell and his people checking in at the front desk. She asked for his autograph and he signed some photos and magazines. I tried giving him my album but he didnt have anywhere to put it. He did however refer me to the website he created called artst.com. I intended for him to hear the album but i went and put my profile up on the site. A couple weeks went by and i received an email from a StarTrak rep, saying how they heard my suic and wanted to talk with me. The next day i received call from Pharrell, telling me my music was the hottest hes heard in a while and he wanted to help in my progression. Since then ive connected with good, talented people and have used the cosign to further my career outside of Milwaukee. My dreams and plans are beginning to unfold so I am excited for the future. Feel free to check out Prophetic at artst.com and view the attached link w video of me and Pharrell backstage of the JayZ BluePrint 3 Tour.

PHARRELL cosigns PROPH

No comments:

Post a Comment